When the forest farms Losby, Vestmork and Østmork were merged, small sawmills were built around the 16th century. The first homestead plots came in the 17th century, and the homesteaders worked for Losby Bruk as sawmill and forest workers. In the middle of the 19th century, the Meyer family took over the property, built up about 1000 sqm estate building with ballrooms, hunting lodges, bedrooms and more. Lorentz Meyer’s grandson moved into the estate in 1893 with his wife, but Lorentz Meyer Boeck and Kathrine Brinch had only one child who died the next day, so the estate was left to Kathrine’s siblings and their children when she passed away. The estate was emptied of assets and distributed to the heirs, and then locked down in 1959. In 1985, the estate was bought by Fjellheim who after 12 years of waiting received permission to renovate the house to what we know it today. On October 2, 1999, it reopened, with restaurant, conference halls, function rooms, bar, golf course of international standard, 70 double bedrooms and more.